■ User registration
Some databases allow you to use the database directly from off-campus by registering as a user. Please check the details page in the "Database List" for the availability of off-campus use by user registration and how to register as a user.
The following is an example of a typical database.
Since they are in the same Elsevier group, ID and Password can be used in common. If you register for one of the services first, you can use the same ID and Password for the other services from off-campus.
(To use Mendeley as the institutional version, access from within the university is required.)
You can register for remote access from an e-mail address that has the University of Tokyo domain information.
Please refer to the registration manual (in Japanese) to complete the registration process.
→You can register from off-campus as long as you can enter an e-mail address with the University of Tokyo domain information.
Register as a user on the registration page. When the completion screen is displayed, your registration is complete.
- Science Direct
After registering as described above, go to the "Database List" and search for Science Direct. Click "Sign in" in the upper right corner, and use your registered email address and password to access the site from off-campus.
- Engineering village
After registering as described above, go to the "Database List" and search for "engineering village". Click "Sign in" in the upper right corner, and use your registered email address and password to access the site from off-campus.
After registering as described above, go to the "Database List" and search for "SciVal". Click "Sign in" in the upper right corner, and use your registered email address and password to access the site from off-campus.
How to register
- Go to http://www.mendeley.com/.
- Click on "Create a free account".
- Fill in all the fields according to the screen and click "Finish".
- The installation of the desktop version will start automatically. (The email address you entered will be your login name.)
- When you log in to Mendeley from within the university, you will automatically be on the institutional version.
Web of Science
To use the database from off campus, the following procedures are required in advance.
- User Registration
Include the following tools:
InCites Benchmarking、Journal Citation Reports (JCR)
- Web-of-Science-Personalization-Quick-Reference-Guide.pdf (Eng) Includes "How to access Web of Science from off Campus" [PDF/Clarivate Analytics]
- Sign in the tool from on campus
- Sign in is required for each database.
- By signing in, you can use the database from off-campus for six months.
- Register your e-mail address and other information on "My Page".
- Login from off-campus network by clicking "Remote login here". (Member login is not available).
- Log in from the campus network on a regular basis.
For more information, please visit the School of Medicine Library page here.[Japanese Only]