【UTokyo Library System】There are many libraries closed or closed earlier than usual in the middle of August.Please check the latest information when using the library.
Historiographical Institute Library
Hongo Campus : Historigraphical Institute, Third floor
- Monday to Friday, 9:15 AM to 4:45 PM
- Registration: 9:15-11:50 AM, 1:00-4:30 PM
- Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays
- Stacks inspection period (one week during April)
- The 2nd Tuesday and the last Monday of the month
- New Year's holidays, and entrance examinations period
- Library may also be closed at other times as required
Eligibility for use of library
Persons affiliated with University of Tokyo:
- Faculty members, graduate students, undergraduate students and university personnel.
Persons from outside University of Tokyo:
- Persons bearing a letter of introduction from a library of an affiliated university or research institution with which they are affiliated ; graduate students or teachers bearing an ID card of an affiliated national university ; individuals who have submitted a request form for reading privileges.
Requirements for admission to library
- Persons wishing to gain admission to the library must present a student ID or personal identification or a request form for reading privileges.
- Note that a reading pass may be issued only after an applicant has filled in all required information on the request form.
- Once issued, a reading pass remains valid until the end of the current academic year.
Requirements for reading in library
- Persons wishing to gain access to closed stack materials must fill out and submit a request form for access to library materials.
- Reading hours : 9:15 AM to 4:45 PM
- Materials should be reterned by 4:30 PM, Materials request reception :9:15-11:50 AM, 1:00 -4:15 PM
- Maximum number of books: Users may request access to no more than 10 books or other materials at a time.
- Rare books : There is the case that application and a reservation need.
Intra-university delivery service
- Available (restricted to books the book that the call number starts by "L")
- Photocopying permitted/not permitted: Permitted (depends on condition of the book)
- For the most part, books are to be copied using electronic photocopiers and historical materials are to be reproduced by photography.
- Note that in the case of photography the cost of photography and the service to be used may differ depending on the size of the photo paper.
- Photocopiers available/not available : Available(1 copier and 2 microform reader-printers)
- Procedures for photocopying : Fill out required information and submit application form either to a librarian at the library counter or by mail.
- Materials for which photocopying is prohibited : Seriously damaged or degraded materials.
- Photocopying hours : Same as regular library hours.
- Cost per sheet copied : Differs in accordance with the photocopying method used.
- Intra-university photocopying service : Available
[ update : 2017.8.22 ]
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033