Atmosphere and Ocean Research Institute Library
Atmosphere and Ocean Research Institute, 2nd floor
- Weekdays from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Service Counter Closed from 12:00 PM to 13:00 PM)
- Persons belonging to the Atmosphere and Ocean Research Institute may be admitted 24hours on weekdays and on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
- Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, and New Year's holidays (December 29 to January 3)
Eligibility for use of library
Persons affiliated with University of Tokyo
- Faculty members, graduate students, undergraduate students, and university personnel.
Persons from outside University of Tokyo
- Alumni, Other universities affiliation person, Others.
- Please be sure to do an application of use in advance. ; a part of library collection are held in rooms of research groups.
- In the application we would ask to specify a book or a journal which you read.
- An attached screen shot of OPAC(University of Tokyo) would be appreciated.
- An application by e-mail or facsimile is acceptable.
- Collection of the International Coastal Research Center is available only in case that there should be no other owing libraries
Requirements for admission to library
- Users must present a student ID or personal identification to gain admission ; persons from outside the Atmosphere and Ocean Research Institute are required to sign an admissions sheet.
Requirements for reading in library
- Procedure : None
- Hours : Same as regular library hours
- Microfiche reader also available.
- Eligibility : Persons affiliated with University of Tokyo
- Requirements : Student ID Card, Staff IC Card of UT, Library IC Card
Maximum number of books :
- There is no limit on the number of books which may be borrowed by persons belonging to the Atmosphere and Ocean Research Institute.
- Persons outside the Atmosphere and Ocean Research Institute may borrow up to 3 books at a single time.
Length of borrowing term :
- Persons belonging to the Atmosphere and Ocean Research Institute may borrow books for a period of 2 weeks. New books and newest issue of periodicals may be borrowed for only 1 day.
- Persons outside the Atmosphere and Ocean Research Institute may borrow books for a period of 2 weeks.
- Renewing book loans :Loan extension is allowed once,except for reserved items.
- Borrowing hours : Same as regular library hours
Intra-university delivery service
- Photocopying permitted / not permitted : Permitted ( For photocopying at research expense, please bring the "Request Form for photocopying material", which is issued at library of your department.)
- Photocopying hours : Same as regular library hours
- Procedures for photocopying : Fill out an application form and submit the form at the service counter.
- Intra-university photocopying service : Both order and accept.
- Materials not available : Collection of the International Coastal Research Center is available only in case that there should be no other owing libraries which can accept requests for photocopies.
- Also see : "The University of Tokyo Library System Bulletin" (Vol. 42, No. 6: December, 2003)
[ update : 2015.4.8 ]
5-1-5 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba 277-8564