【UTokyo Library System】There are many libraries closed or closed earlier than usual in the middle of August.Please check the latest information when using the library.
Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology Library
Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology , No. 4 Building, Second floor
- Weekdays from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Service counter closed from 12:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Members of RCAST can enter the library from 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM every day.
- To enter the library, need a Student/Faculty ID card or entrance card(IC card).
- Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, New Year's holidays
- Library may also be closed at other times when deemed necessary by library committee.
Eligibility for use of library
1. Persons affiliated with The University of Tokyo :
- Faculty members, graduate students, and undergraduate students, university personnel.
2. Persons from outside The University of Tokyo : alumni, others.
Requirements for admission to library
- Persons from outside The University of Tokyo : Please drop in at the library counter.
Requirements for reading in library
- Procedures : None
- Hours : Same as regular library hours
1. Eligibility :
- Persons affiliated with The University of Tokyo (e.g. faculty members, graduate students, and undergraduate students)
2. Requirements :
- User must present Library Card(Student ID Card, Faculty ID Card, Library IC Card)
3. Materials not available for borrowing :
- Reference books, newspapers, dissertations, and books stored in laboratory.
4. Borrowing privileges :
- up to 5 books for a period of 3 weeks,
- 3 bound periodicals for a period of 2 weeks,
- 3 unbound periodicals for a period of 1 week,
- 1 latest-issue periodical for same-day return.
5. Other information on borrowing books
- Library materials may not be borrowed by persons from outside The University of Tokyo.
- Library materials may be borrowed by other universities, with such materials to be restricted to up to 3 books to be lent for a period of 3 weeks.
Intra-university delivery service
- Available (Length of borrowing term: 3 weeks)
- Photocopying permitted/not permitted : Permitted (restricted to persons affiliated with The University of Tokyo making copies at university expense)
- Photocopiers available/not available : Not available (Copier available only for university expense)
- Cost per sheet copied : 20yen (Note that copies can be made only at university expense.)
- Intra-university photocopying service : Both order and accept.
- The library should be contacted in advance in regards to access to books listed in OPAC or card catalogs as being stored in the Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology Library.
[ update : 2015.4.8 ]
4-6-1 Komaba, Meguro-ku, Tokyo, 153-8904