【UTokyo Library System】There are many libraries closed or closed earlier than usual in the middle of August.Please check the latest information when using the library.
Institute of Social Science Library
Due to the elevator renovation,access to the library materials is restricted.
Materials are only available upon request.
For more details, click here.
Hongo Campus : Institute of Social Science, Third floor
- Weekdays from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Hours for application are from 9:00 AM to 12:00 AM and from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM.
- Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, and New Year's holidays (December 28 to January 4)
Eligibility for use of library
Requirements for admission to library
- Persons from outside University of Tokyo are required to submit an application in advance specifying the materials to be used by e-mail, fax or mail.
Requirements for reading in library
Eligibility for reading :
- Persons affiliated with the University of Tokyo
- Persons from outside the University of Tokyo
Requirements for reading in library :
- Student ID Card, ID Card (or Staff Card), Library Card of UT, etc.
- Reading hours : 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Hours for application are from 9:00 AM to 12:00 AM and from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM.)
- Maximum number of books : 5 at one time
- Microform reader(s) : Available
Other information :
- Library materials are in closed stacks.
- Admission to the stacks is restricted to the faculty members of the University of Tokyo and persons recognized as having similar privileges.
- Eligibility : Persons affiliated with the University of Tokyo. (Faculty members, graduate students, undergraduate students, and university personnel)
- Requirements : Student IC Card, Staff IC Card, Library Card of UT. etc.
Number of books & Borrowing period
|Number of books||Borrowing period|
|Faculty members (full-time) affiliated with the Institute of Social Science||50||3 months|
|Faculty members (part-time) affiliated with the Institute of Social Science||20||1 months|
|Personnel affiliated with the Institute of Social Science||20||1 months|
|Faculty members from outside the Institute of Social Science||20||1 months|
|Personnel from outside the Institute of Social Science||5||1 months|
|Graduate students||5||1 months|
|Undergraduate students||5||2 weeks|
Intra-university delivery service
- Photocopying permitted/not permitted : Permitted
- Photocopiers available/not available : Available
- Procedures for photocopying : Fill out an "Application for Photocopy" form and make copies.
- Photocopying hours : from 9:00 AM to 12:00 AM and from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM.
- Intra-university photocoping service : Both order and Accept
- User guide : Available on the website (in Japanese)
[ update : 2018.5.25 ]
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033