【UTokyo Library System】Because of the COVID-19, there's a possibility that library may be closed. Please check the latest information when using the library. [2020.02.28]
Institute of Social Science Library
Hongo Campus : Institute of Social Science, Third floor
- Weekdays from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Hours for application are from 9:00 AM to 12:00 AM and from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM.
- Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, and New Year's holidays (December 28 to January 4)
Eligibility for use of library
Requirements for admission to library
- Persons from outside University of Tokyo are required to submit an application in advance specifying the materials to be used by e-mail, fax or mail.
Requirements for reading in library
Eligibility for reading :
- Persons affiliated with the University of Tokyo
- Persons from outside the University of Tokyo
Requirements for reading in library :
- Student ID Card, ID Card (or Staff Card), Library Card of UT, etc.
- Reading hours : 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Hours for application are from 9:00 AM to 12:00 AM and from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM.)
- Maximum number of books : 5 at one time
- Microform reader(s) : Available
Other information :
- Library materials are in closed stacks.
- Admission to the stacks is restricted to the faculty members of the University of Tokyo and persons recognized as having similar privileges.
- Eligibility : Persons affiliated with the University of Tokyo. (Faculty members, graduate students, undergraduate students, and university personnel)
- Requirements : Student IC Card, Staff IC Card, Library Card of UT. etc.
Number of books & Borrowing period
|Number of books||Borrowing period|
|Faculty members (full-time) affiliated with the Institute of Social Science||50||3 months|
|Faculty members (part-time) affiliated with the Institute of Social Science||20||1 months|
|Personnel affiliated with the Institute of Social Science||20||1 months|
|Faculty members from outside the Institute of Social Science||20||1 months|
|Personnel from outside the Institute of Social Science||5||1 months|
|Graduate students||5||1 months|
|Undergraduate students||5||2 weeks|
Intra-university delivery service
- Photocopying permitted/not permitted : Permitted
- Photocopiers available/not available : Available
- Procedures for photocopying : Fill out an "Application for Photocopy" form and make copies.
- Photocopying hours : from 9:00 AM to 12:00 AM and from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM.
- Intra-university photocoping service : Both order and Accept
- User guide : Available on the website (in Japanese)
[ update : 2018.9.28 ]
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033