Interfaculty Initiative in Information Studies / Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Information Studies Library
Due to COVID-19, user guide (open hour,services,etc) has been changed from this page.
Please check recent information from the URL below.
Hongo Campus : Interfaculty Initiative in Information Studies / Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Information Studies(III), Fifth floor
- Weekdays from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays,and New Year's holidays
Eligibility for use of library
Persons affiliated with University of Tokyo
- Faculty members,graduate students,undergraduate students,and university personnel.
Persons from outside University of Tokyo
- Persons bearing a reading pass issued by the III Library, and persons bearing a student ID or personal identification.
- It is advisable to apply to the library in advance specifying the material to be used.
Requirements for admission to library
- Persons from outside the III must present a student ID, personal identification, or a Pass to the General Library.
- Persons from outside University of Tokyo must present a student ID or personal identification.
- Note : No bags or parcels of any kind are permitted in the library.
Requirements for reading in library
- Nothing need be done to obtain access to materials in the reading room.
- For materials in the stacks, persons not permitted admission to the stacks must fill out a request form.
- Hours : 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM (Same as regular library hours)
- Maximum number of books : Access to materials from the stacks is restricted to 5 books or less at one time.
- Note : Previous authorization is required for access to rare or valuable materials.
- Eligibility : Persons affiliated with University of Tokyo
- Requirements : Users must present a library pass.
- Materials not available for borrowing : Reference books, unbound journals, rare or valuable materials, microform materials, masters theses, doctoral dissertations, and other specially designated materials.
- Maximum number of books : Persons affiliated with the III may borrow up to 20 books ; any other persons affiliated with University of Tokyo may borrow up to 10 books.
- Length of borrowing term : Persons affiliated with the III may borrow books for a period of 2 months. All other persons affiliated with University of Tokyo may borrow books for a period of 1 month.
- Note : this is the same as when using the intra-university delivery service.
- Borrowing hours : 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM (Same as regular library hours)
Intra-university delivery service
- Photocopying permitted/not permitted : Permitted
- Photocopiers available/not available : Coin-operated photocopier is available
- Procedures for photocopying : Fill out an "Application for Photocopy" form and make copies (self-service).
- Materials for which photocopying is prohibited : Rare or valuable materials, microforms, doctoral dissertations, masters theses, and other designated materials.
- Intra-university photocopying service : Both order and accept.
[update : 2021.10.15]
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033