Access to the Science Library is currently restricted to members who have an student/staff ID card with permission to enter the buildings of School of Science or those who wish to use materials which are not available in any other libraries. The opening hours and services are limited.
- Science Library Faculty of Science Bldg. 1 (Area E), third floor
- Library of Chemistry Faculty of Science Chemistry Bldg., fourth floor
- Weekdays from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- For members: Weekdays from 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Library of Chemistry
- Weekdays from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
- For members: Weekdays from 9:30 AM to 7:30 PM
- Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, New Year's holidays and Library Maintenance Days (the last weekday of every month)
- Library closed on other days as required.
- The Library Calendar has appeared in Science Library's Web site.
Eligibility for use of library
Persons affiliated with UTokyo
- Faculty members, Graduate students, Undergraduate students, and Administrative staff
Persons from outside UTokyo
- Alumni, others
Requirements for admission to library
- Persons affiliated with UTokyo: Hold your student/faculty ID card over the card reader at the entrance gate.
- Persons from outside UTokyo: Fill in the entering procedure form at the service desk on the day.
Requirements for reading in library
- Procedures : None (except materials in closed stacks)
- Hours : Same as regular library hours
- Eligibility: Persons affiliated with UTokyo
- Requirements: Users must present the University ID Card or a library pass.
- Materials not available for borrowing: Reference books, thesis and rare books.
- Restriction volumes: Books; 5vols. / Journals; 10vols.
- Length of borrowing term: Books; 2 weeks / Periodicals; 1 day
Intra-university delivery service
- Photocopying permitted/not permitted : Permitted (only for public expense)
- Photocopiers available/not available : Available (only for public expense)
- Procedures for photocopying : Fill out an application form
- Materials for which photocopying is prohibited : Deteriorated materials and other designated materials
- Intra-university photocopying service: Both order and accept available
[ update : 2020.8.20 ]
Library of Chemistry: Faculty of Science Chemistry Bldg., fourth floor
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033