About rare books in the General Library
Materials with call numbers that begin with "A00" and "A05" (Japanese books) and "A100" and "A150" (foreign books) are treated as rare books.
Access to these books is only permitted under the following condition and by following the required process.
- You may browse the rare books only when there is special necessity. If there are microforms or digitized data, these are what you should use unless there is a specific reason to use the original.
- You need an advance reservation to browse rare books. Requests to access rare books will not be accepted without advance reservation.
Please click "Apply" below.
- Send the form by 17:00 three business days before the desired date of your appointment.
Note: A form submitted on a Saturday, Sunday, or national holiday will be treated as received on the next business day.
- If you do not know the call number or the bibliographic information of the material you wish to examine, contact the Reference Service Section.
- Volume limit: 5 volumes at one time; 10 volumes in one day.
- If you would like to apply by mail or fax, please visit this page.
- Present the duplicate of your submitted application form along with the reply from the Reference Service Section at General Information Desk2.
- Hours: from 9:00 to 17:00 on weekdays (closed from 12:00 to 13:00)