|UTokyo professors emeritus and
- Show your UTokyo identification card or library card at the entrance of the stack.
- Carring on bags or sacks into the stack is not permitted. Leave them in the locker at the entrance of the stack.
- Those who have no qualification for admission should write down the call numbers and the titles of the materials in a request form at the stack counter.
- Everyone should write the form when requesting rare books, doctoral dissertations, journals in the back number center, and so forth.
- Browse materials except rare books and dissertations at the reading rooms on the 2nd to the 3rd floor.
- Rare books and dissertations should be read in the rare books reading room. It is available 9:00-17:00 on weekdays.
You can borrow stack materials only at the general information counter.
The reception desk and automatic lending machines are not available for stack materials.
|Class||Quantity and Period||Renewal|
|3 vols. for 14 days
(7 days for bound journals)
Books: 2 times
|20 vols. for 31 days
(up to 3 vols. for 14 days for bound journals)
|One-day||UTokyo affiliates||5 vols. on the day
(up to 10 when unbound journals only)
- All the following conditions should be met for the renewal.
- Not overdue.
- Not reserved by another user.
- Not under penalty.
- Not current day loan.
- You can renew part of stack books via MyOPAC 24 hours a day.
- Bring materials you would like to renew and your student ID or faculty ID card.
- You can renew some stack materials such as Japanese-style books via e-mail.
- Subject: "Request to extend borrowing period"
- Contents: Your name, user code (10-digit number displayed on your library card), the title and the call number of the material
- Address: Public Service Section
- You can make a reservation on the book someone else has checked out (up to 2 volumes).
- With logged into the MyOPAC, find your desired material on the OPAC and click on the "Reserve" button.
- Order at the stack counter to reserve materials which are not displayed on the OPAC.
- When the materials you have reserved become available for use, you will receive contact via e-mail or telephone.
- Please return materials to the Stack Counter / Please DO NOT leave them to the book post.
- There are overdue item penalties.
- Borrowing is not permitted while overdue materials are held.
- If the due date is exceeded, borrowing is not permitted for a period equal to the number of days overdue the material was returned.
Because the large part of the materials in the stack are so old that they are fragile, we have set the following restrictions for conservation.
- It is not permitted that copying Japanese style books, large books (i.e. call numbers begin with "BA" to "BZ"), deteriorated materials and materials published before 1900 at the photocopy machine.
If you need the copy of these materials, request the duplicating by the professionals at the counter.
- Other materials can be copied with the photocopy machine.
- Before copying, materials should be checked by the library staff whether they can be copied with the photocopy machine.