* This is the user guide for use of "Stack materials" (except Japanese and Chinese classics). For use of the "Stack materials (Japanese and Chinese classics)", please go to; Stack materials (Japanese and Chinese classics).
- Weekday 9:00‐20:00 / 9:00‐17:00（August・March）
- 12:00-13:00 Circulation is stopped
- Weekend・Holiday Not in service
|UTokyo professors emeritus and
- Touch your UTokyo identification card or library card at the entrance to the stacks.
- No bags or sacks into the stack is not permitted in the stacked. Leave them in a locker at the entrance of the stacks.
- Those not permitted to enter the stacks may write down the call numbers and titles of materials request available a request form at Stack Counter.
- All users must use a form when requesting materials located in the closed stacks or collection room, doctoral dissertations, journals in the back number center, and so forth. The service is available from 9:00 to 12:00 and from 13:00 to 17:00 on weekdays. (Materials located in the closed stacks can be requested when Stack Counter is open.)
- Browse materials on the reading seats at Stack Counter.
- Materials in the Collection Room and dissertations are available from 9:00 to 17:00 on weekdays.
Users can borrow stack materials only at Stack Counter.
Stack materials cannot be borrowed at Service Counter or the reception desk, or via check-out machines.
* incl. Stack materials (Japanese and Chinese classics)
|Asian Research Library materials|
|3 vols. for 14 days
Renewal; up to 2 times
(Bound journals; 7 days, up to 1 times for renewal)
|20 vols. for 30 days
Renewal; up to 2 times
* incl. Asian Research Library materials in the Automated Storage.
50 vols. for 30days
20 vols. for 30 days
Note:If a due date falls on a day the library closed, the next business day shall apply.
Note:5vols. for one-day borrowing.
- All the following conditions must be met for renewal.
- Not overdue.
- Not reserved by another user.
- Not under penalty.
- Not current-day loan.
- You can renew some stack books via MyOPAC 24 hours a day.
- Bring materials you would like to renew and your student ID or faculty ID card to Stack Counter.
- You can renew some stack materials such as Japanese-style books via inquiry form.
- "Request to extend borrowing period"
- Your name
- user code (10-digit number displayed on your library card)
- call number of the material
- >> The inquiry form
- You may reserve a book that is currently checked out (up to 3 volumes).
- While logged in to MyOPAC, find your desired material on OPAC and click "Reserve".
- Order at Stack Counter to reserve materials that are not listed on OPAC.
- When the materials you have reserved become available for use, you will be notified via e-mail or telephone.
- Please return materials to Stack Counter when it is open, or the reception desk when Stack Counter is closed.
- Stack Materials published after 1900 can also be returned at the library counter in the Komaba Campus and Kashiwa Campus.
- Please DO NOT place them in the book drop. Please DO NOT return them by mail either.
- Penalties apply for overdue items.
- Additional borrowing is not permitted while overdue materials are held.
- If the due date is exceeded, borrowing is not permitted for a period equal to the number of days past the due date the material was returned.
Because the majority of the materials held in the stacks are fragile due to age, the following restrictions have been set for conservation purposes.
- The photocopying of large books (i.e, call numbers beginning with "BA" to "BZ"), damaged materials, and materials published before 1900 is not permitted.
If you need copies of these materials, submit a request at the counter.
- Other materials can be copied using the photocopy machine.
- Before copying, materials should be checked by library staff to determine whether they can be copied using the photocopy machine.
- Hours: Weekday 9:00-12:00, 13:00-17:00
- The materials published before 1968 can be photographed.
- An applicant can take up to 10 shots per day.
- Photographs are taken at a given place, following the staff’s direction.
- Fragile materials can not be photographed.
- No advanced application required. Please apply on the day at Stack Counter.