- Weekday 9:00‐20:00 / 9:00‐17:00（August・March）
- 12:00-13:00 Circulation is stopped
- Weekend・Holiday Not in service
|UTokyo professors emeritus and
- Show your UTokyo identification card or library card at the entrance to the stacks.
- No bags or sacks into the stack is not permitted in the stacked. Leave them in a locker at the entrance of the stacks.
- Those not permitted to enter the stacks may write down the call numbers and titles of materials request available a request form at Stack Counter.
- All users must use a form when requesting materials located in the closed stacks or collection room, doctoral dissertations, journals in the back number center, and so forth. The service is available from 9:00 to 12:00 and from 13:00 to 17:00 on weekdays. (Materials located in the closed stacks can be requested when Stack Counter is open.)
- Browse materials on the reading seats in the stacks.
- Materials in the Collection Room and dissertations are available from 9:00 to 17:00 on weekdays.
Users can borrow stack materials only at Stack Counter.
Stack materials cannot be borrowed at Service Counter or the reception desk, or via check-out machines.
Quantity and Period
|3 vols. for 14 days
(7 days for bound journals)
Books: 2 times
|20 vols. for 31 days
(up to 3 vols. for 14 days for bound journals)
|One-day||UTokyo affiliates||5 vols. on the day||Not permitted|
- All the following conditions must be met for renewal.
- Not overdue.
- Not reserved by another user.
- Not under penalty.
- Not current-day loan.
- You can renew some stack books via MyOPAC 24 hours a day.
- Bring materials you would like to renew and your student ID or faculty ID card to Stack Counter.
- You can renew some stack materials such as Japanese-style books via e-mail.
- Subject: "Request to extend borrowing period"
- Contents: Your name, user code (10-digit number displayed on your library card), title and call number of the material
- Address: Public Service Section
- You may reserve a book that is currently checked out (up to 2 volumes).
- While logged in to MyOPAC, find your desired material on OPAC and click "Reserve".
- Order at Stack Counter to reserve materials that are not listed on OPAC.
- When the materials you have reserved become available for use, you will be notified via e-mail or telephone.
- Please return materials to Stack Counter when it is open, or the reception desk when Stack Counter is closed. Please DO NOT place them in the return chute. Please DO NOT return them by mail either.
- Penalties apply for overdue items.
- Additional borrowing is not permitted while overdue materials are held.
- If the due date is exceeded, borrowing is not permitted for a period equal to the number of days past the due date the material was returned.
Because the majority of the materials held in the stacks are fragile due to age, the following restrictions have been set for conservation purposes.
- The photocopying of Japanese-style books, large books (i.e, call numbers beginning with "BA" to "BZ"), damaged materials, and materials published before 1900 is not permitted.
If you need copies of these materials, submit a request at the counter.
- Other materials can be copied using the photocopy machine.
- Before copying, materials should be checked by library staff to determine whether they can be copied using the photocopy machine.