Please return the materials you borrowed by the following methods.
Returning to the Counter
During library hours, please bring the materials to the counter.
Returning to the Book Drop
When the Komaba library is closed, please return only Komaba Library books to the Book Drop set at the right side of the entrance.
However, for the following materials, please return them to the counter during the library hours, and do not put them in the Book Drop.
- Materials that are severely damaged
- Audio-visual materials such as CD/DVDs
- Materials borrowed from libraries other than the Komaba Library
Returning Materials to Libraries in Other Campuses
You can return materials borrowed from the Komaba Library to the libraries in the Hongo Campus/Kashiwa Campus. For example, returning materials borrowed from the Komaba Library to the General Library (in the Hongo Campus).
Returning by Post
- Borrowers are responsible for paying all postage.
- The return date of the books will be the day received at the Komaba library(excluding Saturdays, Sundays and holidays).
To prevent stain damage during mailing, pack the books securely with a plastic bag and cushioning materials, and send them by post with tracking service with which we can confirm the delivery status, such as Letter Pack Plus, Yu-Pack.
Inquiry / Address:
TEL: 03-5454-6101 (Reception: 9:00 to 17:00 on weekdays)
Komaba 3-8-1 Meguro-ku, Tokyo 153-8902
User Service Section, Komaba Library, University of Tokyo
About Overdue Penalties
We have following penalties for overdue materials.
- Borrowing is not permitted for the period overdue materials were not returned.
e.g. If you borrow the materials the due date is Dec 2 and return it on Dec 4, you are 2 days late. According to our penalties, you cannot borrow materials in Komaba library for 2 days from Dec 4. You can borrow materials in Komaba library from Dec 6.
- Borrowing and Renewing are not permitted while you have overdue materials.
If you have some overdue materials, you will have penalty according to the longest period of the overdue materials. The penalty period does not increase for the number of overdue materials.