Reading Rare Materials
If you wish to read the materials, which have the location of “Komaba.Lib.Rare.” when searched on OPAC, you will need to make a pre-application with a margin of 7 days to 10days. After the application, we will contact you on whether you are able to use the material or not. Please note that some time may be required until we contact you.
The time that you can read the rare materials is from 9:00 - 16:50 on weekdays.
Students/Faculty Staff of the University of Tokyo
- Please make a pre-application at the counter between 9:00 - 16:50 on weekdays.
People Who Belong to Other Universities/Research Institutes
- Please make an application through the university/institute that you belong to. Please talk to your university/institute library first.
Members of the Public
- Please make an application with the following things by e-mail/return postcard.
- The material you would like to use: Book Title, Call No., Barcode No.
- The day and time you would like to use the material
- Full name
- Your contact information: address, e-mail address
User Service Section, Komaba Library, The University of Tokyo
3-8-1 Komaba, Meguro-ku, Tokyo
If you are contacting the library with a return postcard, please make sure that you write your address and name on the return side.
Reading the Materials
After you have received a message/call from the library that you are able to read the materials, please come to the counter. When you come to the counter, please tell the library staff that you have made an application for reading rare materials.
When you read the materials please follow the instructions given by the library staff.
You will only be able to read the rare materials from 9:00 - 16:50 on weekdays.
You are only able to take photographs of the materials (either asking a photographer or by taking photos by yourself).
We will ask you to submit the reference material copying application form (photography).