(N/A for unbound journals)
on the day
(up to 10 when unbound journals only)
Service Counter (1F),
Note:If a due date falls on a day the library closed, the next business day shall apply.
- Open-shelf books may be renewed for two additional periods.
All the following conditions must be met for renewal.
- Not overdue.
- Not reserved by another user.
- Not under penalty.
- Not current-day loan.
- You can renew open-shelf books and some stack books via MyOPAC 24 hours a day.
- Bring materials you would like to renew and your student ID or faculty ID card to the counter (or the General Information Desk).
- The check-out machine can be used to renew.
- You may make a reserve a book that is currently checked out.
- Open-shelf: up to 5 volumes
- While logged in to MyOPAC, find your desired material on OPAC and click "Reserve".
- When the materials you have reserved become available for use, you will be notified via e-mail or telephone.
- Please return materials to their appropriate counter.
- Openshelf books: General Information Desk and return boxes / (during off-hours) Main entrance return chute
- Materials borrowed from a library outside Hongo Campus can be returned at the General Library.
- Please bring the materials to the General Information Desk. Please DO NOT place them in the return chute.
- Materials borrowed from a library within Hongo Campus should be returned directly to the appropriate library.
- Materials borrowed from the General Library can be returned at Komaba Campus and Kashiwa Campus.
- Please bring materials to the library counter. Please DO NOT place them in the return chute.
- CDs, CD-ROMs, damaged books, and other materials not suitable for transport must be brought directly to the General Library.
- Penalties apply for overdue items.
- Additional borrowing is not permitted while overdue materials are held.
- If the due date is exceeded, borrowing is not permitted for a period equal to the number of days past the due date the material was returned.
- Returning materials by mail or parcel delivery service.
If it is difficult for you to come to the General Library to return books by the due date because of home leave or fieldwork, you may return the books by mail or via a parcel delivery service that provides a tracking number record to prove shipment.
Notice: Borrowers are responsible for paying all postage.
[Address] Public Service Section, General Library, University of Tokyo 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033
Please write "Returning Books" on the outside of the envelope or package.
- Stack materials cannot be returned by mail or parcel delivery service.
- You must use Letter-Pack, Yu-Pack, or another parcel delivery service that provides a tracking number.
- Borrowers are responsible for paying the postage.
- The General Library cannot accept cash-on-delivery packages.
- Place the item in a plastic bag and pack with cushioning materials to prevent damage.
If you disregard these instructions and the book is lost or damaged beyond repair, you may be held responsible for its replacement.
The date the General Library accepts delivery shall be considered the actual date of return. Please send well in advance.