(N/A for unbound journals)
|Asian Research Library Books|
(incl. Automated Storage Materials.)
Service Counter (1F),
Note:If a due date falls on a day the library closed, the next business day shall apply.
Note:5vols. for one-day borrowing.
- Open-shelf books may be renewed for two additional periods (one additional periods for bound journals).
All the following conditions must be met for renewal.
- Not overdue.
- Not reserved by another user.
- Not under penalty.
- Not current-day loan.
- You can renew open-shelf books and some stack books via MyOPAC 24 hours a day.
- Bring materials you would like to renew and your student ID or faculty ID card to the counter (or the General Information Desk).
- The check-out machine can be used to renew.
- You may make a reserve a book that is currently checked out.
- Open-shelf: up to 10 volumes (incl. Automated storage materials and Asian research library materials)
- While logged in to MyOPAC, find your desired material on OPAC and click "Reserve".
- When the materials you have reserved become available for use, you will be notified via e-mail or telephone.
- Please return materials to their appropriate counter.
- Openshelf books: General Information Desk and return boxes / (during off-hours) Main entrance book drop
- Materials borrowed from a library outside Hongo Campus can be returned at the General Library.
- Materials borrowed from a library within Hongo Campus should be returned directly to the appropriate library.
- Materials borrowed from the General Library can be returned at Komaba Campus and Kashiwa Campus.
- Large books, damaged books, and other materials not suitable for transport must be brought directly to the counter.
- Penalties apply for overdue items (incl. Automated storage materials and Asian research library materials).
- Additional borrowing is not permitted while overdue materials are held.
- If the due date is exceeded, borrowing is not permitted for a period equal to the number of days past the due date the material was returned.
Returning materials by mail or parcel delivery service.
If it is difficult for you to come to the General Library to return books by the due date because of home leave or fieldwork, you may return the books by mail or via a parcel delivery service that provides a tracking number record to prove shipment.
Notice: Borrowers are responsible for paying all postage.
[Address] Public Service Section, General Library, University of Tokyo 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033
Please write "Returning Books" on the outside of the envelope or package.
- Stack materials cannot be returned by mail or parcel delivery service.
- You must use Letter-Pack, Yu-Pack, or another parcel delivery service that provides a tracking number.
- Borrowers are responsible for paying the postage.
- The General Library cannot accept cash-on-delivery packages.
- Place the item in a plastic bag and pack with cushioning materials to prevent damage.
If you disregard these instructions and the book is lost or damaged beyond repair, you may be held responsible for its replacement.
The date the General Library accepts delivery shall be considered the actual date of return. Please send well in advance.