Procedures for placing books related to the summer semester 2020
Procedures for Placing Books Related to the Summer Semester 2020
Thank you for your cooperation to the University of Tokyo Library System.
To help students study, research and enrich their education, General Library welcomes recommendations for books from faculty (full-time lecturer and above).
1.Range of Recommendation
- Books used in lectures at Hongo Campus
- Books suitable for students to cultivate themselves, except for journals or books including advanced technical knowledge
2.How to Recommend Books
- Via the Web: using the Book Request service of UTokyo MyOPAC
For details, please see “How to Make a Book Recommendation via the Web.”
- Book Recommendation Form – Summer Semester 2020
Please fill in the Book Recommendation Form and send it to Section of Books Acquisition, General Library. You can also send it through your department library.
- Suggested Reading List
If you have reading list for your lecture on your web site, please tell the URL to Section of Books Acquisition, General Library.
If you have the list as a hard copy, please write the course title and your name on it, and bring it to your department library.
*N.B. General Library will purchase books listed on university CO-OP bookshop's textbook catalog. If you have ordered the bookshop to list a book on the catalog, it is not necessary to recommend the book to General Library.
3.Deadline for Recommendation
- Books used in lectures: April 30, 2020
- Books not for lectures: no particular deadline
4.Report of Results
- General Library will report to you whether they can purchase the books or not via your department library.
Section of Books Acquisition, Information Processing and Management Division, General Library