Notice of Library Improvement Works and Temporary Service Changes in MAY 2017 (Fourth Report)
Further to the “Notice of Substitute Services Provided by the General Library in MAY 2017 (Third Report)”(Japanese) dated January 11, 2017, which announced a general outline of substitute library services we will provide during the earthquake retrofit renovations to the General Library Main Building, please be informed of the finalized details of the renovation schedule and study spaces for the University’s students as below:
[Schedule outline] (planned)
About substitute services
Mon to Fri: 8:30 to 22:30; Sat, Sun, and national holidays: 9:00 to 19:00
(In August and March Mon to Fri: 8:30 to 21:00; Sat, Sun, and national holidays: 9:00 to 17:00)
- Open shelf collection
The Library’s open shelf collection will be relocated to the west area of the General Library and will continue to be available for use.
- Reading space
There will be 130 seats (including 69 seats for ECCS terminals) available in the west area of the General Library.
- Materials in the stack
The stack counter will be relocated to the west area of the General Library to provide basically the same service as usual.
- ECCS terminals
All 69 ECCS terminals that are currently available for use will be relocated to the first floor in the west area of the General Library to provide the same service as usual.
Photocopy, reference, rare-book, and microform services will be available as usual.
* These substitute services are expected to be provided until around August 2018. Thereafter, the main entrance will be usable again and library services will be provided in the central area of the Library.
We will take necessary measures to keep materials in the stack available for use during the planned renovation works so as not to inconvenience your research or study.
Study space for the University’s students (on Hongo Campus)
We will offer our students at least as many study seats as are currently provided (approx. 600 seats) in the Library Plaza (planned to open in July) located in the General Library Annex, and some facilities on Hongo Campus.
These facilities are Yasuda Auditorium (4F), Sanjo Conference Hall (2F), and Faculty of Medicine Bldg. 1 (1F and 3F). Shown below are the service details provided at each facility. For their locations, please see the attached sheet(pdf).
to be available
|Mon to Fri||Sat, Sun, and
|50||April 10||9:00-17:00||-||-||Except on days of events|
|Sanjo Conference Hall
|Faculty of Medicine
(1F and 3F)
in the General Library
- You will need your student ID card to use the study spaces.
- You can find floor plans of the facilities and information about when the study spaces are not available due to events, etc. on the Library’s website. Since the information is regularly updated, please make sure you have the very latest information.
- Wireless LAN (UTokyo WiFi) is available at Sanjo Conference Hall, Faculty of Medicine Bldg. 1, and the Library Plaza in the General Library Annex. Wireless LAN is not provided at Yasuda Auditorium in order to maintain a quiet study environment. Thus, please refrain from bringing or using your PC at Yasuda Auditorium.
* Available hours during the long university holidays (in August and March) will be announced later.