Engineering Bldg. 1 Library A
The short opening, and restrictions of usage are under going.
Please check the latest service status on Libraries for Engineering and Information Science & Technology Website news.
Hongo Campus : Faculty of Engineering Building 1, Second floor
- Weekdays from 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Note : Service Counter Closed from 12:30 AM to 1:30 PM
- Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays and New Year's holidays (Dec.27-Jan.5)
- Library may also be closed on other days as required.
Eligibility for use of library
Persons affiliated with University of Tokyo
- Faculty members, Personnel, Undergraduate students, Graduate students.
Persons from outside the University of Tokyo
- Alumni, Others (Please search OPAC and submit an application in advance specifying the materials to be used by e-mail, fax or mail, in case they should not be available.)
Requirements for admission to library
- Persons affiliated with the University of Tokyo : None
- Persons from outside the University of Tokyo : Fill in the application for use of the library at the counter.
Requirements for reading in library
- Procedures : None
- Hours : Same as regular library hours
- Maximum number of books : No limit
- Eligibility : Persons affiliated with University of Tokyo
- Requirements : Users must present a student ID or personal identification and follow all other required procedures to borrow books.
- Materials not available for borrowing : Non-circulating materials, and other specially designated materials.
- Maximum number of books : 5
- Length of borrowing term : Books ; 2 weeks (Loan periods can be extended up to 4 times.) , Periodicals ; 1 week , Three days for persons from outside the member of Civil Engineering.
- Borrowing hours : Same as regular library hours.
- Other information on borrowing books : Persons from outside the University of Tokyo may borrow through the inter-university ILL service. (For 3 weeks, 300yen per order and postage required)
Delivery Request(UTokyo Members Only)
- You can receive photocopies/books from UTokyo libraries and other institutions at your department library.
- For more details, see Delivery Request.
- There is no copy machine in this library.
- Members of the University of Tokyo can borrow materials or request photocopies and PDF files.
- Members of Civil Engineering can also use the copy machine in the office with the Department copy card.
- Non-members can use the Inter-Library Loan (ILL) service. Please consult with your library staff.
(*)The charge for the inter-university ILL service : 40yen / color 80yen per sheet and postage required
[ update : 2021.3.23 ]
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656