【Important：5/20updated】Changing of Services Regarding the Komaba Library Response to the Novel Coronavirus Disease
25 March, 2020
- 【5/20 updated】Mailing service of borrowing books and photocopying materials
- 【5/20updated】Due date of returning books
- 【5/13updated】Ebook textbooks list for the S Semester Term AY 2020
- 【4/22updated】Book Request Service
- 【4/22updated】Materials Donation
- 【4/13updated】Book Derivery Service from Outside of the University [For Teachers]
- 【4/13updated】Returning Books
- 【4/13updated】Service for teachers
- 【4/7updated】Restricted use of materials
- 【4/7updated】Changing of Opening Hours
- Update History
Changing of Opening Hours（3/27, 4/3, 4/7updated）
- Tuesday, April 7 9:00 - 17:00
- Wednesday, April 8 – undecided Temporary Closure *This change is due to the stage of the judgment of Komaba Campus rising to "red A (= level 2 of the University of Tokyo Activity Restrictions Index for Preventing the Spread of Novel Coronavirus Disease)".
Suspension on library services（3/27, 4/7, 4/10, 4/13 , 5/20 updated）
From April 8 (Wed.), users cannot enter the Komaba library until the day to be determined.
We provide the following services during the temporary closing.Since these services are operated by limited number of staff, contents and people eligible are limited.Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
【Service for teachers】
• For teachers of the University of Tokyo who need the books of the Komaba Library to preparing their lessons, the Komaba Library provides lending service during the stage "red A".
• If teachers who belongs to the University of Tokyo needs the books of the Komaba library, please contact by e-mail to the contact information below.
→Stop this service for the time being as the stage of the judgment of Komaba Campus turned to ”red B (= level 3 of the University of Tokyo Activity Restrictions Index for Preventing the Spread of Novel Coronavirus Disease)” from April 13, 2020.
【Mailing service of borrowing books and photocopying materials】
Considering this prolonged period of the temporary closing, we provide the mailing service of books and photocopy of materials for students of the University of Tokyo who need materials for writing thesis.Please see details below.
Returning Books（3/27, 4/7, 4/10, 4/13 updated）
While the Komaba Library is closed, please return the books to the book drop near the library entrance.
As the stage of the judgment of Komaba Campus will turn to ”red B” from April 13, we removed the book drop near the main gate of Komaba campus.
We can NOT receive the books returned by mail or via a parcel delivery service for the time being as the stage of the judgment of Komaba Campus turned to "red B" from 13 April 2020.
Due date of returning books（4/7, 5/20 updated）
The due date is extended as below;
Only the books that the original due date is from 1 February 2020.
The due date is extended to 24 June 2020.
・Contact： User Service Section, Komaba Library / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Restricted use of materials（4/7 updated）
Book Derivery Service from Outside of the University [For Teachers]（4/7, 4/10, 4/13 updated）
- Book delivery service from outside of the University will be accepted for only teachers who belongs to Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences. →Stop this services for the time being as the stage of the judgment of Komaba Campus turned to ”red B” from April 13, 2020.
- Issuing a letter of introduction will be suspended.
Ebook textbooks list for the S Semester Term AY 2020（5/13 updated）
We provide an ebook textbooks list for members of College of Arts and Sciences.
Book Request Service（4/22 updated）
Since the University of Tokyo Activity Restriction Guidelines were raised to Level 3, the Book Request Service through MyOPAC has been suspended.
If books used in lectures at the Komaba Campus are on sale in e-book version,the Komaba Library may be able to purchase the e-book.
Please send the information of books to Monographs Section via e-mail.
Materials Donation（4/22 updated）
While "The University of Tokyo Activity Restrictions Index for Preventing the Spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)" is Level 3 and over, the Komaba Library can NOT receive the donated materials via a parcel delivery service.
Please send after Level 2 or under.
Please refrain from visiting the library if any of the following conditions are met.
Those who have symptoms such as coughs or fever.
In case a person nearby like family member is infected/likely infected with the Novel coronavirus disease.
Those who have not passed 14 days after entering Japan from the quarantine enhancement target area.
To All Library Users
Please cooperate with the following while the library is open.
When entering and exiting, please disinfect your hands with alcohol on the side of the central stairs on the first floor.
Please wash your hands frequently in the right way in the library. Users are encouraged to wear flu masks. Please observe the "coughing manners".
When pushing buttons on equipment such as an elevator, stack shelves on the basement floors, self-checkout machines, copy machines, it is recommended to press the button with the second joint of the finger. Please refrain from talking in the library.
The window will be opened, so please bring a jacket or shirt that you can put on.
If you have a chronic disease or the elderly, please refrain from staying for a long time.
20 May, 2020 updated
13 May, 2020 updated
22 April, 2020 updated
13 April, 2020 updated
10 April, 2020 updated
7 April, 2020 updated
3 April, 2020 updated
27 March, 2020 updated