【Important：31 July updated】Changing of Services Regarding the Komaba Library Response to the Novel Coronavirus Disease
25 March, 2020
- 【13 July updated】Changing of Opening Hours
- 【16 June updated】Suspension of Admission
- 【13 July updated】Restrictions on Facilities
- 【31 July updated】Mailing Service of Borrowing Books and Photocopying Materials
- 【16 June updated】Returning Books
- 【13 July updated】Due Date of Returning Books
- 【13 July updated】Restricted Use of Materials
- 【13 May updated】Ebook Textbooks List for the S Semester Term AY 2020
- 【13 July updated】Book Request Service
- To All Library Users
- Update History
Changing of Opening Hours（27 Mar., 3, 7 Apr., 16 June updated）
- Wednesday, 8 April – Tuesday, 16 June Temporary Closure. *This change is due to the stage of the judgment of Komaba Campus rising to "red A (= level 2 of the University of Tokyo Activity Restrictions Index for Preventing the Spread of Novel Coronavirus Disease)".
- Wednesday, 17 June - Tuesday, 14 July Open from 10:00 to 16:30 on weekdays and closed on weekends and holidays. *This change is due to the lowering of the stage of the judgment of Komaba Campus from Red A to "Orange (= level 1 of the University of Tokyo Activity Restrictions Index for Preventing the Spread of Novel Coronavirus Disease)".
- Komaba Library will be open on Wednesday, 17 June, which was scheduled to be closed on the annual plan.
- Wednesday, 15 July – undecided *This change is due to the stage of the judgment of the Komaba Campus lowering rising to "yellow (= level 0.5 of the University of Tokyo Activity Restrictions Index for Preventing the Spread of Novel Coronavirus Disease)".
- Weekdays: Open from 10:00 to 20:00
- Saturdays, Sundays and holidays: Open from 9:00 to 19:00
- There are regular closing days.
Suspension of Admission（27 Mar., 7 Apr., 16 June updated）
From 17 June (Wed.), the following people are not allowed to enter the Komaba library until the day to be determined.
- Non-members of the Komaba I Campus
- Visitors (including those who have the entrance pass for the University of Tokyo Library System or the Komaba Library, professor emeritus)
Please note that members of the KomabaⅠCampus need to make a reservation to enter the Campus and the Library from this page.
Restrictions on Facilities（5, 25 Mar., 7 Apr., 13 July updated）
Mailing Service of Borrowing Books and Photocopying Materials（20 May, 16 June, 31 July updated）
【This service ended on 30 July.】
From 17 June (Wed.), we will expand this service for the University of Tokyo students who have difficulty coming to the Library. Also, we will expand number of books from 3 to 5 (cumulative total) for each person. Please see here for details.
We are resuming transferring materials from the Komaba Library to other campuses.
If you are non-member of the Komaba I Campus and can visit your home library, please reserve the book from MyOPAC yourself regardless of your status.
- Please see here for the service status of libraries on campus.
Returning Books（27 March, 7, 10, 13 Apr., 2, 16 June updated）
- Members of the Komaba I Campus who can visit the library, please place the books into the Book Drop in the library or next to the entrance even when the library is open. When the library is closed, please use the Book Drop next to the entrance.
- For the person who is restricted from entering the campus, the book drop near the main gate of Komaba I campus will be available.
- We can receive the books returned by post 3 June. Please see ” Returning by Post" for further information.
Due Date of Returning Books（7 Apr., 20 May, 16 June, 13 July updated）
No further due date renewal by the library system during the stage of the judgment of Komaba Campus is "Yellow (= level 0.5 of the University of Tokyo Activity Restrictions Index for Preventing the Spread of Novel Coronavirus Disease)".
After August 17, when procedure period of the Long-Term Loan during summer holidays will ends, general loan for students will have the usual loan period.
Please check MyOPAC for your due date.
You will not have overdue penalties to materials with a loan period of July 30, 2020 or later if the return is delayed due to the influence of the new coronavirus infection.
If you want to return it to the Komaba Library counter, please let us know when you return it.
If you want to return it to the Book Drop or libraries in other campuses, please contact the following inquiries before or after the return.
- Contact： User Service Section, Komaba Library / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Restricted Use of Materials（7 Apr., 16 June updated）
- If you would like to use "NDL Digitized Contents Transmission Service", please make a reservation from "Application for using NDL Digitized Contents Transmission Service" in "Facilities Use Application Site".
- The following services are resumed from 15 July.
- Issuance of letters of introduction for visiting and using materials held by the other libraries outside the University of Tokyo will continue to be suspended.
Ebook Textbooks List for the S Semester Term AY 2020（13 May updated）
We provide an ebook textbooks list for members of College of Arts and Sciences.
Book Request Service（22 Apr., 8 June, 13 July updated）
It takes a longer than usual to handle your book request.
If books used in lectures at the Komaba Campus are on sale in e-book version, the Komaba Library may be able to purchase the e-book.
Please send the information of books to Monographs Section via e-mail.
To All Library Users
Please refrain from visiting the library if any of the following conditions are met.
- Those who have symptoms such as coughs or fever.
Those who had a temperature of 37.5 degrees Celsius or higher on the morning of the day.
- Those who have not passed 14 days after entering Japan from the quarantine enhancement target area.
Please cooperate with the following while the library is open.
- The Komaba Library is not available for only taking online classes and exams.
- Please be sure to wear a face mask. However, please take measures against heat stroke as appropriate.
- Library books and facilities are used by many people. Please wash or sanitize your hands before/after using library books and facilities. Hand sanitizer is available near the entrance gate and in the OPAC corner on each floor (except the first floor).
- Please observe the "coughing manners".
- When pushing buttons on equipment such as an elevator, stack shelves on the basement floors, self-checkout machines, copy machines, it is recommended to press the button with the second joint of the finger.
- Please refrain from talking in the library.
- If you have a chronic disease or the elderly, please refrain from staying for a long time.
- Please be aware of your social distance.
31 July, 2020 updated
13 July, 2020 updated "Service for Teachers（7, 10, 13 Apr., 2, 16 June updated）deleted.
24 June, 2020 updated "Materials Donation (22 Apr. updated）" deleted.
16 June, 2020 updated
8 June, 2020 updated
2 June, 2020 updated
20 May, 2020 updated
13 May, 2020 updated
22 April, 2020 updated
13 April, 2020 updated
10 April, 2020 updated
7 April, 2020 updated
3 April, 2020 updated
27 March, 2020 updated