Earth & Planetary Science Library
Hongo Campus : Faculty of Science Building No. 1(Area C), Fifth floor, Room 537
- Weekdays from 9:30 to 5:00 PM
- Note : Service counter closed from 12: 00 AM to 1:00 PM.
- Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, New Year's holidays (December 28 to January 4)
- Library may also be closed on other days as required.
Eligibility for use of library
Persons affiliated with University of Tokyo
- Faculty members, university personnel, professors emeritus, graduate students, and undergraduate students.
Persons from outside University of Tokyo
- Former faculty members, alumni, persons bearing the Common Pass to National University Libraries, and persons bearing a letter of introduction from a library of a university or research institution with which they are affiliated.
Requirements for admission to library
- Persons from the Department of Earth & Planetary Physics Institute : None
- Persons from outside University of Tokyo and persons from University of Tokyo not affiliated with the Department of Earth & Planetary Physics must present a student ID or personal identification.
Requirements for reading in library
- Procedures : Persons wishing to obtain reading privileges must fill out all required information in the admissions log.
- Hours : Same as regular library hours
- Maximum number of books : No limit
- Microform reader(s) : None
- Eligibility : Faculty members, university personnel, undergraduate students, and research students.
- Requirements :
- - Persons from the Department of Earth & Planetary Physics Institute must fill out a book borrowing card and sign the borrowing ledger.
- - Persons from other faculties or institutions within the university must sign the borrowing ledger when borrowing periodicals and must fill out a book borrowing form when borrowing books.
- Materials not available for borrowing : Specially designated materials (reference books, latest issues of periodicals, and dissertations)
- Number of books and length of borrowing period :
- - Persons affiliated with the Department of Earth & Planetary Physics may borrow up to 5 books for a period of 2 weeks.
- - Persons from University of Tokyo not affiliated with the Department of Earth & Planetary Physics may borrow up to 3 books for a period of 2 weeks and may borrow periodicals to be returned on the same day.
- - Persons from outside University of Tokyo may borrow only books (3 books for 3 weeks), with all such loans to be restricted to university inter-library loans.
- Borrowing hours : Same as regular library hours
- Other information on borrowing books : Persons from outside University of Tokyo coming to the library may borrow books for same-day return only.
Intra-university delivery service
- - Maximum number of books : 3 (general-use materials only)
- - Length of borrowing term : 2 weeks
- Photocopying permitted/not permitted : Permitted (restricted to use of Intra-university Photocopying Service or the Faculty of Science Photocopying System)
- Photocopiers available/not available : Available
- Temporary lending for photocopying : Available
- Photocopying hours : 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Cost per sheet copied : Paid at university expense
- Members of the Earth and Planetary Science Library must make their own copies using their copy card of Earth and Planetary Science.
- Persons from the Faculty of Science are to use the Faculty of Science Photocopying Service.
- Persons from other faculties are to use the Intra-univesity Photocopying Service
- Persons from outside University of Tokyo must request copies through the General Library.
- Intra-university photocopying service : Both order and accept. (Only copies made in response to requests from other campus may be delivered.)
- For non-member : Notification of usage restrictions
[ update : 2017.10.25 ]
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033