Library of Chemistry
Hongo Campus : Faculty of Science Chemistry Building, Fourth floor
- Regular : Weekdays from 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM (to 7:30PM / a user who belongs to the Dept.Chem.)
- Summer Vacation Period (August) : Weekdays from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Note : While the library is open from 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM, the service counter is closed at that time.
- Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, New Year's holidays.
- Note : The library may be closed temporarily. Please check the library homepage.
Eligibility for use of library
Users affiliated with University of Tokyo
Users from outside University of Tokyo
- You can use those who wish use of the materials of the library for research and education.
- Since material may be using, we recommend you to ask in advance.
Requirements for admission to library
- Users from outside the Department of Chemistry : Fill out your affiliations on a visitor's note.
- Users from outside University of Tokyo : Present a student ID or personal identification and fill out your affiliations on a visitor's note.
Requirements for reading in library
- Procedures : None
- Hours : Same as regular library hours
- Maximum number of books : No limit
- Microform reader(s) : None
- Eligibility : Users affiliated with University of Tokyo
- Requirements : Books / Bound journals: Users must present a Student/Staff ID card.
- Unbound journals : Users must fill out a required form.
- Materials not available for borrowing : Specially designated materials (doctoral dissertations, Reference books, CD-ROM, etc)
- Number of books and length of borrowing period :
- - Users from the Faculty of Science: Books: 5 (2 weeks), Periodicals: 10 (1 day)
- - Users from other faculties at University of Tokyo: Books: 3 (1 week), Periodicals: 10 (1 day)
- Borrowing hours : Same as regular library hours
- Other information on borrowing books :
- - Users from outside University of Tokyo are restricted to borrowing books, but you may borrow up through inter-library loan service.
- Books heid in the laboratories may be difficult to borrow in some cases. If the same book is held by other library, please use that one.
Intra-university delivery service
- Available : 3 (books only) ; 2 weeks
- Photocopying permitted/not permitted : Permitted (restricted to copies made at university expense)
- Photocopiers available/not available : Available
- Photocopying hours : Same as regular library hours
- Cost per sheet copied : Paid at university expense only
- Users from the Faculty of Science : to use the Faculty of Science Photocopying Service.
- Users from other faculties: to use the Intra-university Photocopying Service.
- Users from outside University of Tokyo : Inter-library photocopying service.
- Intra-university photocopying service : Library Status: Both order and accept. (Mailing by intramural facilities is accepted from the Campuses except Hongo.)
- For non-member : Notification of usage restrictions
[ update : 2017.10.25 ]
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033