【UTokyo Library System】From 13:00 to 17:00 on September 23, UT OPAC and digital images can not be used because of a power cut. [2018.9.20]
Biophysics & Biochemistry Library
Hongo(Yayoi) Campus : Faculty of Science Building No. 3, Fourth floor
- Weekdays from 9:30 to 5:00 PM
- Note : Service counter is closed from 12: 00 AM to 1:00 PM.
- Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, and New Year's holidays
- Library may also be closed on other days as required
Eligibility for use of library
Persons affiliated with University of Tokyo
- Faculty members, professors emeritus, graduate students, undergraduate students, research students, and auditors.
Persons from outside University of Tokyo
- Former faculty members, alumni, the Common Pass to National University Libraries, and persons bearing a letter of introduction from a library of a university or research institute with which they are affiliated or a letter of introduction from a faculty member of the Department of Biophysics & Biochemistry.
Requirements for admission to library
- Persons affiliated with the Department of Biophysics & Biochemistry Institute : None
- Persons from University of Tokyo not affiliated with the Department of Biophysics & Biochemistry must present a student ID or personal identification.
- Persons from outside University of Tokyo must present a library pass or letter of introduction and fill out all required information in the guest log.
Requirements for reading in library
- Procedures : None
- Hours : Same as regular library hours
- Maximum number of books : No limit
- Microform reader(s) : None
- Eligibility : Faculty members, university personnel, professors emeritus, graduate students, undergraduate students, research students, and auditors.
- Requirements : Users must present a student ID or personal identification and follow all other required procedures to borrow books.
- Materials not available for borrowing : Reference books and periodicals less than 2 weeks old. (Temporary loans, however, may be obtained for photocopying purposes.)
- Number of books and length of borrowing period :
- - Persons from University of Tokyo, the Faculty of Science may borrow an 5 books for a period of 2 week ; periodicals, to the number of 10 at a one time, must be returned on the same day.
- - Persons from University of Tokyo, other faculties may borrow an 3 books for a period of 1 week ; periodicals, to the number of 10 at a one time, must be returned on the same day.
- - Persons from outside University of Tokyo may borrow books only through inter-library loans. (Such loans are restricted to books only, with borrowing privileges restricted to 3 book for 3 weeks.)
- Borrowing hours : Same as regular library hours
Intra-university delivery service
- Available (Only books available for delivery ; 3 books ; Length of borrowing term: 2 weeks (include mailing periods))
- Photocopying permitted/not permitted : Permitted (restricted to use of the Intra-university Photocopying Service or the Faculty of Science Photocopying System)
- Photocopiers available/not available : Available
- Temporary lending for photocopying : Available
- Photocopying hours : From 9:30 AM to 12:00 AM and from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM
- Cost per sheet copied : Paid at university expense
- Persons from the Faculty of Science are to use the Faculty of Science Photocopying Service.
- Persons from other faculties are to use the Intra-university Photocopying Service ;
- Persons from outside University of Tokyo must request copies through the inter-library loan.
- Intra-university photocopying service : Both order and accept. (Only copies made in response to requests from other campus may be delivered.)
- For non-member : Notification of usage restrictions
[ update : 2017.10.25 ]
2-11-16 Yayoi, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033