【UTokyo Library System】From 13:00 to 17:00 on September 23, UT OPAC and digital images can not be used because of a power cut. [2018.9.20]
Biological Sciences Library
Hongo Campus : Faculty of Science Building No. 2, Second floor
- Weekdays from 9:30 to 5:00 PM
- Note : Closed from 12: 00 - 1:00 PM
- Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, and New Year's holidays
- Library may also be closed on other days as required.
Eligibility for use of library
Persons affiliated with University of Tokyo
- Users from outside University of Tokyo : You can use those who wish use of the materials of the library for research and education.
- Since material may be using, we recommend you to ask in advance.
Storage stacks materials
- Please apply a week in advance by E-mail or Fax.
Requirements for admission to library
- Users from outside the Department of Biological Sciences : Present a student ID or personal identification, and fill out your affiliations on a visitor's form.
Requirements for reading in library
- Procedures : None
- Hours : Same as regular library hours
- Maximum number of books : No limit
- Microform reader(s) : None
- Eligibility : Users affiliated with University of Tokyo
- Requirements : Users must present a library pass (student / staff IC card, etc.).
- Materials not available for borrowing : Rare books, new periodicals less than a week old, reference books, dissertations and materials with a risk of damage.
- Number of books and length of borrowing period :
- - Faculty of Science members : 5 books, 2 weeks ; 10 journals, same-day returun
- - Users from other faculties at University of Tokyo : 3 books, 1 week ; 10 journals, same-day returun
- Borrowing hours : Same as regular library hours
- Other information on borrowing books : Books may not be lent to persons from outside University of Tokyo. (Temporary loans may be obtained for photocopying purposes.)
Intra-university delivery service
- Available (Maximum number of books: 3; Length of borrowing term: 1 week ; Periodicals and other materials are not available for intra-university delivery)
- Photocopying permitted/not permitted : Permitted (restricted to copies made at university expense)
- Photocopiers available/not available : Available
- Photocopying hours : Same as regular library hours
- Cost per sheet copied : Paid at university expense only
- Users from the Faculty of Science: to use the Faculty of Science Photocopying Service.
- Users from other faculties: to use the Intra-university Photocopying Service.
- Users from outside University of Tokyo: Inter-library photocopying service.
- For non-member : Notification of usage restrictions
- Persons from outside University of Tokyo wishing to use the library are required to contact the libary in advance.
[ update : 2017.10.25 ]
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033