Hongo Campus : Faculty of Science Building No. 1, Area W , Eleventh floor
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Note : Service counter closed from 12:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
- Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, New Year's holidays
- Library also closed at times during summer holidays
Eligibility for use of library
Persons affiliated with University of Tokyo
- Faculty members, university personnel, graduate students, undergraduate students, research students, auditors, and professors emeritus.
Persons from outside University of Tokyo
- Persons bearing the Common Pass to National University Libraries, persons bearing a letter of introduction from a library of a university or research institution with which they are affiliated, and researchers in astronomy affiliated with other universities or institutions.
Requirements for admission to library
- Persons from the Department of Astronomy : None
- Persons from the Graduate Schho of Science : Persons from University of Tokyo not affiliated with the Department of Astronomy and persons from outside University of Tokyo must present a student ID or personal identification or a letter of introduction.
Requirements for reading in library
- Procedures : None
- Hours : Same as regular library hours
- Maximum number of books : No limit
- Microform reader(s) : None
- Eligibility : Faculty members, university personnel, professors emeritus, graduate students, undergraduate students, and former faculty members.
- Requirements :
- - Persons from the Department of Astronomy must fill out a book borrowing card and a form of dummy.
- - Persons from the Graduate School of Science except Department of Astronomy only must fill out a book borrowing card,
- - Persons from other faculties or institutions within the university must fill out the required forms.
- Materials not available for borrowing : Star charts, star tables, and reference books and other designated materials.
- Number of books and length of borrowing period :
- - Persons from Graduate School of Science E5 books; 2 weeks , 5 journals; a day.
- - Persons from University of Tokyo not affiliated with Graduate School of Science E３boos; 1 weels , 5 journals; a day.
- - Persons from outside University of Tokyo 3 books; 3 weeks. (inter-library loans.)
- Borrowing hours: Same as regular library hours
Intra-university delivery service
- Available (Length of borrowing term: 2 weeks)
- Photocopying permitted/not permitted : Permitted (restricted to use of the Intra-university Photocopying Service or the Faculty of Science Photocopying System) Note : For persons from outside University of Tokyo, materials may be loaned out for same-day return for photocopying at the nearby University Co-Operative.
- Photocopiers available/not available : Available
- Materials for which photocopying is prohibited : Star maps, star tables, reference books, and similar materials
- Photocopying hours : Same as regular library hours
- Cost per sheet copied : Paid at university expense
- Members of the Astronomy Library must make their own copies using their copy card.
- Persons from the Faculty of Science are to use the Faculty of Science Photocopying Service.
- Persons from other faculties are to use the Intra-university Photocopying Service; Persons from outside
- University of Tokyo must request copies through the General Library.
- Both order and accept. (Only copies made in response to requests from other campus may be delivered.
- For non-member : Notification of usage restrictions
[ update : 2017.10.25 ]
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033