Komaba Library JAPANESE
Library Location Map (PDF File)
3-8-1 Komaba, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 153-8902
- During Semester
- Weekdays : 8:40 - 22:00 (including holidays when classes are held)
- Saturday, Sunday & Holiday : 10:00 - 19:00 (*During examination period : 10:00 - 22:00)
- During summer and winter holidays
- Weekdays : 8:40 - 20:00
- Saturday, Sunday & Holiday : 10:00 - 19:00 (*During examination period : 10:00 - 20:00)
- During spring holidays
- Weekdays : 8:40 - 17:00
- Saturday, Sunday & Holiday : closed
(Details: Calender at Komaba library(Japanese))
The library is closed substitue holidays, during the New Year's holidays, on days of university entrance examinations, during the Komaba Festival, and on days required for library maintenance and inspection.
(Details: Calender at Komaba library)
Eligibility for use of library
Persons affiliated with University of Tokyo
Persons bearing a pass to University of Tokyo Library System (henceforth 'Pass').
Persons affiliated with other Universities or Research Institutes
Persons who want to use materials of Komaba library.
Requirements for admission to library
Persons affiliated with University of Tokyo :
Persons affiliated with University of Tokyo must present their Pass at the entrance gate.
Persons affiliated with other Universities or Research Institutes :
Persons from outside University of Tokyo must present a letter of introduction or their ID at the service counter.
Persons not affiliated with University must contact the library (e.g., by return postcard) in advance specifying the materials to be used. Or see for the details (Japanese).
- Eligibility : Persons bearing a Pass
- Requirements : Users must present a Pass to borrow books.
- Materials not available for borrowing : Specially designated materials (periodicals, reference books, rare books and other designated materials)
- Maximum number of books : Users may borrow up to 10 books at a single time.
- Length of borrowing term :
- Students may borrow 10 books for a period of 2 weeks.
- Faculty members may borrow 10 books for a period of 30 days.
- Borrowing hours :
- Counter :
- Weekdays: 9:00 - 10 minutes before closing.
- Saturday, Sunday & Holiday: 10:00 - 10 minutes before closing.
- Automatic Book Checking (ABC) machine :
- All hours available.
- Counter :
- Other information on borrowing books : Books may not be lent to persons from outside University of Tokyo.
Intra-university delivery service
Photocopying permitted/not permitted : Permitted
(Photocopying is limited by copyright law.)
Photocopiers available/not available : Available
(5 prepaid-card-operated and 1 coin-operated machines)
Procedures for photocopying : Fill out an "Application for Photocopy" form.
Materials for which photocopying is prohibited : Rare books and other designated materials
Cost per sheet copied : 10 yen
Intra-university photocopying service : Both order and accept.
User guide : The University of Tokyo, Komaba Library (Japanese)
Phone : 03-5454-6101 (Circulation Section) / 03-5454-6093 (Reference Service Section)
Fax : 03-5454-6105
URL : http://lib.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp/ (Japanese)
Also see : "The University of Tokyo Library System Bulletin" (Vol. 41, no. 5: October 1, 2002)
update : 2015.4.1