University of Tokyo Library System
- The University of Tokyo Library System is the system that consists of the General Library, Komaba Library, Kashiwa Library, and 32 faculty/institution libraries.
- Each faculty/institution library has a large number of materials in their specialized field.
- Library hours and procedures vary from library to library. Before using a library, please check the availability of the material and identify the library that holds the material by referring to Online Public Access Catalog, etc.and contacting the library in advance.
How to check the availability of books/journals held by University of Tokyo
You can search the following materials with the online general catalog and check the availability of a material and identify the library that holds it. For more details, refer to the OPAC page.
- Japanese and foreign books acquired in/after 1986 (excluding Chinese and Korean books)
- All Japanese and foreign journals (excluding Chinese and Korean journals)
- Dissertations/theses granted by the University of Tokyo
Card catalogs and book
The holdings of the University of Tokyo acquired before 1985 can only be searched with card catalogs placed at the General Library. There are also collections for which book catalogs have been produced. Data on older holdings are gradually being entered into the Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC). For some of the collections held by the University of Tokyo, book catalogs have already been published.