Searching for Materials
When searching for materials, use The University of Tokyo OPAC（Online Public Access Catalog: read "oh-pack"）.This system lists every item's location in the university's collections and its availability.
Please check “Location” and “Call Number”.
Books displayed with “Kashiwa Lib. ○○” in the column belong to Kashiwa Library.
Call numbers are comprised of a classification number *, author mark, and in some cases, a volume number.
Library materials are located by call number. A call number tells you where the book you are looking for is in the library.
* The books are classified by "Nippon Decimal Classification (NDC) 9th ed." in Kashiwa Library.
|000||General Works||500||Technology, Engineering|
|200||History||700||Arts, Fine arts|
Journals displayed with “Kashiwa Lib. Stack.” in the column are located in the Auto Library.
Those journals can be retrieved by the following steps:
- Look up the desired journal in OPAC, and then click the “Volumes” link.
- After the item details screen is displayed, click the “Auto Library” button for the volume desired.
- The requested volume will be retrieved from the Auto Library within several minutes. Go to the Library Service Counter to pick it up.
- After you finish reading it, return it to the counter.